HelloFresh is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about home cooking. Forget the hassle of supermarkets, or the tiresome process of planning your weekly meals - we deliver to your door all the ingredients, instructions and inspiration needed to make delicious meals at home, from scratch.
Not only have we been named Europe’s fastest growing start-up in the past, but at just 7 years in, we’re the industry leader. Along the way, we’ve delivered hundreds of millions of meals to millions of households worldwide and are passionate about disrupting one of the last industries to go online - food and grocery.
HelloFresh UK are now on the journey towards creating the digital and technological excellence that will support our rapidly scaling online operations. Through our collaboration with the group technology and data strategy, we want to truly embed the data tools and culture that will continue to support our market ambitions. The Head of Business Intelligence will be a key strategic player in partnering the Uk management to realise that vision.
So, if you’re keen to join a dynamic and energetic team, look no further
About the role:
We pride ourselves on being data-driven decision makers here at HelloFresh. You'll be leading the UK BI team to provide insights and make recommendations to ensure that leaders across the business have the best information and insights available to them as they make decisions about marketing, products and operations. You will play a crucial role in HelloFresh continuing to disrupt the food market.
What you'll do:
- You will lead the UK Data and Business Intelligence team with a focus on driving digital transformation and data maturity through your ownership of the UK analytics and digital transformation roadmap.
- You will be alert to the local and global business strategy and support the Senior Management Team (SMT) to realise the BI and Data developments that are needed to support end to end data delivery.
- You will drive the creation and maintenance of a standard reporting landscape to ensure a correct usage of aligned KPIs and metrics.
- You will develop, recommend, and execute automation, analytics and process improvement projects to increase HelloFresh UK data maturity.
- You will be responsible for the on-time delivery of your team’s projects, through creating a framework of accountability, and continuously optimizing your team’s performance by promoting a culture of excellence, where best practices and industry standards are an everyday habit.
- You will collaborate closely with other departments and senior stakeholders to digest problem statements through meaningful data based analytical insights, and drive concrete decision making for action.
- You will work closely with the group technology, BI and analytics teams to champion and deploy group initiatives and best practices locally. You will be the contact point for local stakeholders impacted by these group initiatives.
- You will work closely with our group data governance team and drive initiatives to improve the transparency and quality of the HelloFresh UK data assets. You will contribute to the data governance strategy, participating in the definition of and adherence to best practices.
- You will act as a mentor to the local network of functional data analysts, a figurehead for innovation, best practice and knowledge sharing.
- You will directly manage a team of data and BI analysts, and mentor to functional business analysts.
- You will report to the Director of Finance, Legal and BI
Who you are:
- You have gained at least 5+ years of professional experience with business intelligence and digital transformation or in a similar role in a fast-paced work environment
- Minimum 3 years of team management and functional leadership experience
- You have excellent stakeholder management skills
- You have strong experience with agile methodologies like Scrum & Kanban
- You have the ability to communicate clearly, listen and show empathy as a foundation for effective collaboration.
- Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and clearly communicate data insights.
- Hands-on experience in business intelligence, process automation, working with data visualisation and analytics tools (Tableau, Google Analytics, Python etc.) and querying with at least one dialect of SQL
- You are able to balance attention to metric details against efficient and rapid execution
- You excel at translating business problems identified in your analysis into action plans
- You are effective in championing multiple projects and moving quickly to execute multiple iterations
- You convince with professionalism, enthusiasm and conscientiousness in your dealings with stakeholders
What you’ll get in return:
- 70% discount on HelloFresh boxes
- Free local gym access or private health care
- Weekly yoga and fitness classes, mostly virtual at the moment!
- Full access to our extensive learning library, the Hellofresh Academy
- Pension scheme contribution
- Fantastic social activities, we have huge annual events and loads of amazing weekly and monthly incentives
Start date: ASAP, ideally Dec 2020 or sooner
Recruitment process: first, you will have a phone interview with a member of our Talent Acquisition team. Should you be successful, you will be asked to complete a technical test and, depending to the result, you will be invited to two video interviews.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, race, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, religion or belief.
All our sites in the UK are wheelchair accessible.