HelloFresh is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about home cooking. Forget the hassle of supermarkets, or the tiresome process of planning your weekly meals - we deliver to your door all the ingredients, instructions and inspiration needed to make delicious meals at home, from scratch.
At just 9 years in, we’re the industry leader and have delivered hundreds of millions of meals to millions of households worldwide and are passionate about disrupting one of the last industries to go online - food and grocery.
But most importantly, it’s our incredible people who make HelloFresh what it is. We thrive on giving our employees an inclusive working environment, in which they have access to development opportunities and in which their voices are heard and valued every day. This helps us best reflect and serve our customers.
So if you’re keen to join a caring, fun and energetic team, look no further!
What You'll Be Doing
- Your primary accountability is to act as process owner for the ‘Forecasting’ and ‘Order Creation’ workflows in the UK market. This will include out of hours on-call support and flexible working arrangements.
- Accountable for executing this process weekly to deliver the future looking box and recipe volume forecast.
- These critical workflows sit at the heart of our operation, and you will present the workflow outputs and supporting analysis to the CEO and Senior Management Team weekly.
- Your mastery of these accountabilities will see you responsively support tactical decision making via scenario planning, and sensitivity analysis.
- Ensure the workflows are maintained, improved and adapted to new business requirements so that they operate at speed in a scalable manner.
- Actively contribute to the codebase yourself and manage 1FTE Engineer.
- Collaborate closely with functional analysts for Marketing, Product Development, and Operations to support functional data platforming requirements.
- Leverage and deploy best in class data tools and techniques from across the HelloFresh Group to the local UK market.
- Take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment and operation of the tools you and your team build.
- A champion for data quality, governance and compliance through collaboration with the Group data engineering team.
- Support a centralised server-based workflow hub for UK data processes
Who You Are:
- Experience with data modeling for forecasting and data warehousing solutions
- Work experience (3+ years) as a data engineer, data team lead, or similar role
- 5000 hours of back-end experience using Python and SQL code
- Confident communicator who can translate complex data trends into actionable insight
- Demonstrated ability to deliver scalable production-ready solutions in a business environment
- Experience or strong interest in working with job orchestration tools like Airflow, deploying automation tools such as Docker, Kubernetes and working with Amazon AWS.
- Strong problem-solving and query optimisation skills, taking ownership for business problems and creating lasting solutions.
- Line management experience is an advantage.
What you will get in return:
- 70% discount on HelloFresh boxes from day 1
- Free local gym access or private health care
- Pension scheme contribution
- Access to our Learning & Development platform, to keep learning on top of your daily tasks!
- Borrow my Doggy Premium account
- Weekly Power Sanctuary Yoga class
- Employee Assistance Programme provided by Health Assured
- Regular fun activities and team building
Level and Progression Path:
A Manager is responsible for a part of a larger function with limited guidance from senior management, proactively delivering a set of objectives for the team, aligning with wider function.
From there, you can progress to a Senior Manager level within the same function, or progress sideways to a role in another team at HelloFresh for which you have transferable skills.
Start date: ASAP
Location: The HelloFresh Farm, 60 Worship Street, EC2A 2EZ, London
Recruitment process: You will have a phone interview with a member of our Talent Acquisition team. Should you be successful, you will be asked to complete a technical test and, depending to the result, you will be invited for two video interviews: one competency, and one final stage.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, race, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, religion or belief.
All our sites in the UK are wheelchair accessible.