HelloFresh is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about home cooking. Forget the hassle of supermarkets, or the tiresome process of planning your weekly meals - we deliver to your door all the ingredients, instructions and inspiration needed to make delicious meals at home, from scratch.
At just 9 years in, we’re the industry leader and have delivered hundreds of millions of meals to millions of households worldwide and are passionate about disrupting one of the last industries to go online - food and grocery.
But most importantly, it’s our incredible people who make HelloFresh what it is. We thrive on giving our employees an inclusive working environment, in which they have access to development opportunities and in which their voices are heard and valued every day. This helps us best reflect and serve our customers.
So if you’re keen to join a caring, fun and energetic team, look no further!
About the job:
We are seeking a high performing, driven individual to join our rapidly expanding Operations team. You will have category ownership (Grocery) of our inbound operations and report into Maddie, our Supply Chain Manager. This is the perfect role for someone to advance their career in supply chain operations.
What you will be doing:
- Drive and improve our inbound supply chain operations to ensure our ingredients arrive in full and on time
- Optimise inbound processes and identify cross-functional efficiencies, proactively minimising the impact to our end to end operation and more importantly our customers
- Innovate and transform the function through project delivery, setting out clear course of actions to achieve defined outcomes
- Independently analyse internal data to generate ideas, support alternative solutions and provide clear recommendations
- Minimise costs through effective planning and waste management, recognise and propose new practices
- Supervise the weekly ordering and forecasting processes, mitigating risks and thinking outside the box to formulate creative solutions
- Build and own relationships with external suppliers, working closely with procurement and technical teams to manage costs and onboard suppliers. Report on and manage supplier performance effectively to elevate the operational standard
- Manage and monitor KPIs, balancing day-to-day operations with long term strategic objectives. Skillfully prioritise tasks, delegating where appropriate
- Manage one direct report
- Work effectively with internal teams including Inventory Management, Warehouse, Transport, Planning, Labour Management, Finance, Marketing ensuring timely and accurate information is shared.
- Develop significant expertise, skills and knowledge to be the voice and influence for supply chain operations across the wider business. Coach and guide team members to deliver optimal outcomes.
- Engage and guide global teams with your ideas and feedback to improve tools and processes across multiple markets.
Who you are:
- You are incredibly resilient and operate well under pressure
- You think on your feet and find quick and efficient solutions to resolve problems with minimal impact to internal and external stakeholders
- You are a self-starter with initiative and a proactive attitude
- You are not afraid to challenge the status-quo with new ideas
- You are a confident decision-maker
- You have great communication skills
- You find the perfect balance between bigger picture thinking and digging for the detail
- You embrace change
- You are a role model that excites and motivates other team members with your passion for success
- You are hungry to learn new things every day! (Being always hungry in the literal sense also helps but not a must!)
- Skilled in excel and data manipulation
- FMCG/Operations background is a plus
- However, most importantly you want to kick start your career at HelloFresh and are passionate about food and about what we do here!
- Flexible to work weekends
What you will get in return:
- 70% off HF boxes
- Free hot drinks
- Health cash plan and anytime health line
- Access to our employee assistance programme
- Working with a fun, energetic and supportive team
- High level of responsibility from day one
- Working with a fun, energetic and supportive team
Level and progression: A Lead brings specialist skills to one business area, running complex operational tasks and leading smaller projects independently, with only punctual support from manager. From there, you can progress to a Manager level withing the same function, or progress sideways to a role in another team at HelloFresh for which you have transferable skills.
Start date: ASAP
Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire.
Recruitment process: First, you will have a phone interview with a member of our Talent Acquisition team. Passing this phone interview, you will then be required to take an excel test. The third stage should you pass the first and second stage, you will be invited to two video interviews (one competency-based and one culture fit). The final stage will be video interview with the Procurement & Supply Chain Director.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, race, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, religion or belief.
All our sites in the UK are wheelchair accessible.