Creamy Truffle, Bacon and Pea Spaghetti
with Italian Style Cheese
Boxes and ingredients are packed in facilities that handles Peanut, Nuts, Sesame, Fish, Crustaceans, Milk, Egg, Mustard, Celery, Soya, Gluten and Sulphites. Due to the war in Ukraine, it has been necessary to substitute sunflower oil with rapeseed oil in some products without a label change. The FSA have advised that allergic reactions to rapeseed oil are rare.
(Contains Cereals containing gluten)
Chicken Stock Paste
Grated Hard Italian Style Cheese
(Contains Milk, Egg)
Not included in your delivery
Water for the Sauce
- Boil a full kettle.
- Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the bacon lardons. Stir-fry, 4-5 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and utensils after handling raw meat. Cook it thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, pour the boiled water into a saucepan with 0.5 tsp salt.
- Boil the spaghetti, 8 mins.
- Once cooked, drain and pop back in the pan. Drizzle with oil and stir through.
- Stir the chicken stock paste and water (see pantry) into the bacon. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer, 2-3 mins.
- Next, stir in the creme fraiche, peas and cheese.
- Add the spaghetti and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add a splash of water if the sauce is too thick.
- Stir in the truffle zest, then remove from the heat.
- Share the pasta between your bowls.