Chipotle Chicken Breast Stew
with Couscous and Sweetcorn
Bring the flavours of southern USA and Mexico to your everyday meals with this chipotle paste. This paste is full of rich, smoky, fruity flavours with a hot kick from the chipotle chilli peppers. A perfect addition to tacos and burrito bowls, chipotle paste adds hot smoky depth to chillis and stews. You can even stir it into a meatball sauce to transform a weeknight meal.
Boxes and ingredients are packed in facilities that handles Peanut, Nuts, Sesame, Fish, Crustaceans, Milk, Egg, Mustard, Celery, Soya, Gluten and Sulphites. Due to the war in Ukraine, it has been necessary to substitute sunflower oil with rapeseed oil in some products without a label change. The FSA have advised that allergic reactions to rapeseed oil are rare.
Chicken Stock Paste
(Contains Cereals containing gluten May contain Soya)
Diced Chicken Breast
(Contains Cereals containing gluten)
Not included in your delivery
Water for the Couscous
Water for the Sauce
Sugar for the Sauce
- Boil a half-full kettle.
- Meanwhile, drain the sweetcorn in a sieve.
- Pour the water for the couscous (see pantry) and half the chicken stock paste into a saucepan. Bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the couscous and cover. Leave to the side, 8-10 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan on high heat.
- Once hot, add the chicken and sweetcorn. Fry, 5-6 mins. Season with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and utensils after handling raw meat. Cook so there's no pink in the middle.
- Next, stir in the tomato puree, chipotle paste (add less if you'd prefer things milder), remaining chicken stock paste, water and sugar for the sauce (see pantry for both amounts).
- Bring to the boil, then lower the heat. Simmer, 3-4 mins.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the bbq sauce and butter (see pantry). Season with salt and pepper.
- Share the couscous and chicken stew between bowls.
- Sprinkle over the crispy onions.
Step 2 MOD: If you’ve chosen to get diced chicken breast instead of thigh, cook the recipe in the same way.