Chipotle Chicken Stew
with Couscous and Sweetcorn
Boxes and ingredients are packed in facilities that handles Peanut, Nuts, Sesame, Fish, Crustaceans, Milk, Egg, Mustard, Celery, Soya, Gluten and Sulphites. Due to the war in Ukraine, it has been necessary to substitute sunflower oil with rapeseed oil in some products without a label change. The FSA have advised that allergic reactions to rapeseed oil are rare.
(Contains Cereals containing gluten May contain Soya)
Chicken Stock Paste
Diced Chicken Thigh
(Contains Cereals containing gluten)
Not included in your delivery
Water for the Couscous
Water for the Sauce
Sugar for the Sauce
- Boil a half-full kettle.
- Meanwhile, drain the sweetcorn in a sieve.
- Pour the water for the couscous (see pantry) and half the chicken stock paste into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the couscous and pop a lid on the pan. Leave to the side, 8-10 mins.
- Meanwhile, Heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan on high heat.
- Once hot, fry the diced chicken and sweetcorn, 5-6 mins. Season with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and utensils after handling raw meat. It's cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Next, stir in the tomato puree, chipotle paste, remaining chicken stock paste, water and sugar for the sauce (see pantry for both).
- Bring to the boil, then lower the heat. Simmer, 3-4 mins.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the bbq sauce and butter (see pantry). Season with salt and pepper.
- Share the couscous and chicken stew between bowls.
- Sprinkle over the crispy onions.