Harissa Spiced Beef Bowl
with Rice, Mushrooms and Greek Style Salad Cheese
Boxes and ingredients are packed in facilities that handles Peanut, Nuts, Sesame, Fish, Crustaceans, Milk, Egg, Mustard, Celery, Soya, Gluten and Sulphites. Due to the war in Ukraine, it has been necessary to substitute sunflower oil with rapeseed oil in some products without a label change. The FSA have advised that allergic reactions to rapeseed oil are rare.
Chermoula Spice Mix
Beef Stock Paste
Greek Style Salad Cheese
Not included in your delivery
Water for the Sauce
- Boil a half-full kettle.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan on high heat.
- Once hot, fry the beef and mushrooms, 5-6 mins.
- Use a spoon to break it up as it cooks. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw mince.
- Once boiled, pour the water into a saucepan with 0.25 tsp salt on high heat.
- Boil the rice, 10-12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain, pop back in the pan and cover.
- Meanwhile, open the remaining sachets.
- When the mince has browned, drain and discard any excess fat.
- Season with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Cook so there's no pink in the middle.
- Stir in the harissa, chermoula, tomato puree, beef stock, honey and water for the sauce (see pantry). Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer, 3-4 mins.
- Taste, season with salt and pepper. Add a splash of water if too thick.
- When everything's ready, share the rice between your serving bowls.
- Spoon on the harissa beef and mushrooms.
- Finish by crumbling over the cheese.