Chipotle Pork Chilli
with Rice and Soured Cream
Boxes and ingredients are packed in facilities that handles Peanut, Nuts, Sesame, Fish, Crustaceans, Milk, Egg, Mustard, Celery, Soya, Gluten and Sulphites. Due to the war in Ukraine, it has been necessary to substitute sunflower oil with rapeseed oil in some products without a label change. The FSA have advised that allergic reactions to rapeseed oil are rare.
Red Wine Stock Paste
Not included in your delivery
Water for the Sauce
- Boil a half-full kettle.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan on medium-high heat (no oil).
- Once hot, fry the pork, 5-6 mins. Break up the mince as it cooks, then drain the fat. Season with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and utensils after handling raw meat. Cook so there's no pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, pour the boiling water into a saucepan with 0.25 tsp salt on high heat.
- Boil the rice, 10-12 mins. Once cooked, drain, pop back in the pan and cover.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the beans.
- Open the remaining sachets.
- Add the tomato puree to the pork. Cook, 1 min.
- Stir in the mixed beans, red wine stock, chipotle, honey and water for the sauce (see pantry for both). Bring to the boil and simmer, 3-4 mins.
- Remove from the heat. Add a splash of water if it's a little thick.
- Taste, season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Share the rice between your bowls.
- Top with the pork chilli.
- Drizzle over the soured cream.