Speedy Chicken Tikka Masala
with Basmati Rice and Spinach
Boxes and ingredients are packed in facilities that handles Peanut, Nuts, Sesame, Fish, Crustaceans, Milk, Egg, Mustard, Celery, Soya, Gluten and Sulphites. Due to the war in Ukraine, it has been necessary to substitute sunflower oil with rapeseed oil in some products without a label change. The FSA have advised that allergic reactions to rapeseed oil are rare.
Tikka Masala Paste
Chicken Stock Paste
Diced Chicken Breast
Not included in your delivery
Water for the Curry
- Boil a half-full kettle.
- While it boils, pop a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Add the tikka masala paste, tomato puree, creme fraiche, chicken stock paste, water and sugar (see pantry for both). Stir to combine and bring to the boil.
- Next, pour the boiled water into a saucepan with 0.25 tsp salt on high heat. Boil the rice, 10-12 mins.
- Meanwhile, stir the chicken into the frying pan. Bring to the boil and lower the heat.
- Simmer, 10-12 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and utensils after handling raw meat. Cook so there's no pink in the middle.
- Once the rice is cooked, drain, pop back in the pan and cover.
- When the chicken is cooked, add the spinach in handfuls so it’s piping hot, 1-2 mins.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the butter (see pantry) until melted.
Share the rice and curry between your bowls.