Cheeseburger Inspired Rice Bowl
with Burger Sauce Slaw, Cheese and Crispy Onions
Boxes and ingredients are packed in facilities that handles Peanut, Nuts, Sesame, Fish, Crustaceans, Milk, Egg, Mustard, Celery, Soya, Gluten and Sulphites. Due to the war in Ukraine, it has been necessary to substitute sunflower oil with rapeseed oil in some products without a label change. The FSA have advised that allergic reactions to rapeseed oil are rare.
Mature Cheddar Cheese
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Central American Style Spice Mix
Chicken Stock Paste
(Contains Cereals containing gluten)
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a half-full kettle. Pour it into a saucepan with 0.25 tsp salt on high heat.
- Boil the rice, 10-12 mins. Once cooked, drain, pop back in the pan and cover.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Once hot, fry the beef mince, 5-6 mins. Break up the mince as it cooks. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and utensils after handling raw meat. Cook so there's no pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, grate the cheese.
- In a bowl, mix together the burger sauce and coleslaw mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the fat from the mince. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomato puree, Central American spice mix, chicken stock paste and water (see pantry).
- Fry until the sauce has thickened, 2-3 mins. Remove from the heat and stir in the ketchup (see pantry).
- Add a splash of water if it's too thick.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Share your rice between bowls.
- Top with the spiced beef mince and coleslaw.
- Sprinkle the cheese and crispy onions all over.
Step 2 MOD: If you’ve chosen to get beef mince instead of pork, cook the recipe in the same way.