Super Quick Peri Peri Rice Bowl
with Mixed Beans and Cheddar Cheese
Boxes and ingredients are packed in facilities that handles Peanut, Nuts, Sesame, Fish, Crustaceans, Milk, Egg, Mustard, Celery, Soya, Gluten and Sulphites. Due to the war in Ukraine, it has been necessary to substitute sunflower oil with rapeseed oil in some products without a label change. The FSA have advised that allergic reactions to rapeseed oil are rare.
Mature Cheddar Cheese
Peri Peri Seasoning
Chicken Stock Paste
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a half-full kettle.
- Grate the cheese.
- Once boiled, pour the water into a saucepan with 0.25 tsp salt on high heat.
- Boil the rice, 10-12 mins. Once cooked, drain, pop back in the pan and cover.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan (no oil) on medium-high heat.
- Once hot, fry the beef mince, 5-6 mins. Break up the mince as it cooks, then drain the fat. Season with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and utensils after handling raw meat. Cook so there's no pink in the middle.
- While the beef cooks, open the remaining sachets.
- Add the tomato puree, peri peri seasoning, chicken stock paste, beans and liquid from the tin to the beef. Cook for 2-3 mins.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the mango chutney and butter (see pantry).
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Add a splash of water if it's a little too thick.
- Share rice between serving bowls.
- Top with the peri peri beef and sprinkle over the cheese.
Step 2 MOD: If you’ve chosen to get beef mince instead of pork, cook the recipe in the same way.