Tex-Mex Style Pork Mince Tacos
with Tomato Salsa, Baby Leaves and Soured Cream
Looking for a quick and tasty midweek dinner option? Try cooking up our Tex-Mex Style Pork Mince Tacos in just 20 minutes for a delicious and speedy meal.
Boxes and ingredients are packed in facilities that handles Peanut, Nuts, Sesame, Fish, Crustaceans, Milk, Egg, Mustard, Celery, Soya, Gluten and Sulphites. Due to the war in Ukraine, it has been necessary to substitute sunflower oil with rapeseed oil in some products without a label change. The FSA have advised that allergic reactions to rapeseed oil are rare.
Central American Style Spice Mix
Chicken Stock Paste
Red Wine Vinegar
Plain Taco Tortillas
(Contains Cereals containing gluten)
Baby Leaf Mix
Not included in your delivery
Sugar for the Sauce
Water for the Sauce
Sugar for the Dressing
Olive Oil for the Dressing
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Once hot, fry the mince, 5-6 mins.
- Break up the mince as it cooks, then drain the fat. Season with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and utensils after handling raw meat. Cook so there's no pink in the middle.
- Next, add the Central American style spice mix (add less if you'd prefer things milder) and tomato puree. Stir-fry for 1 min.
- Stir in the chicken stock paste, sugar and water (see pantry for both amounts) and chicken stock paste.
- Lower the heat and simmer, 1-2 mins.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Meanwhile, cut the tomato into small pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the red wine vinegar, sugar and olive oil (see pantry for both amounts).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomato chunks and mix well.
- Microwave the tortillas (3 per person) for 850W: 50 secs / 750W: 1 min.
- If you don't have a microwave, just eat them cold.
- Lay the tortillas on your plates. Pile with the salad, mince and salsa - as much as you'd like.
- Finish with a dollop of soured cream. TIP: Eat your tacos by hand - get stuck in!