You won’t believe this curry took only 20 minutes to cook when you taste its incredible depth of flavour. Rich, warming and packed with fresh, flavourful ingredients, we predict that this recipe will become your weeknight go-to in no time! With homemade food this fast, you can say goodbye to those takeaway daydreams.
Boxes and ingredients are packed in facilities that handles Peanut, Nuts, Sesame, Fish, Crustaceans, Milk, Egg, Mustard, Celery, Soya, Gluten and Sulphites. Due to the conflict in Ukraine, it has been necessary to substitute sunflower oil with rapeseed oil in some products without a label change. The FSA have advised that allergic reactions to rapeseed oil are rare.
Red Curry Paste
Water for Curry
Vegetable Stock Pot(ContainsCelery, Sulphites)
Steamed Basmati Rice
• Peel the carrot and remove the top and bottom, then cut into ½cm thick slices. • Halve, then remove the core from the red pepper and cut into 1cm slices. • Bash the lemongrass with a saucepan. • Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan on high heat. • Add the carrot and pepper along with a grind of black pepper. • Stir-fry for 4 mins.
• Add the ginger, garlic and lemongrass to the pan, along with the red curry paste. TIP: Some like it hot, but if you're not one of them, go easy on the curry paste. It's got a kick! • Stir together and cook for 1 minute, then pour in the water (see ingredients for amount) and coconut milk. Add the stock pot and stir to dissolve. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 2 mins.
• Meanwhile, stir-fry the rice for 3 mins in another frying pan (no oil) over medium high heat (or squeeze pouch, tear strip and microwave 800W for 3 mins). • Roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all).
• When the curry has cooked for 2 mins, add the king prawns. Stir so they are submerged in the sauce and simmer for 4-5 mins more. TIP: The prawns are cooked when pink on the outside and opaque all the way through. • Squeeze in some lime juice. Taste and add more if necessary. Remove the lemongrass stick.
• Serve the rice in bowls topped with a generous portion of curry and a sprinkling of coriander. Enjoy!