Super Quick Greek Inspired Beef Stew
with Olives and Greek Salad Cheese
Boxes and ingredients are packed in facilities that handles Peanut, Nuts, Sesame, Fish, Crustaceans, Milk, Egg, Mustard, Celery, Soya, Gluten and Sulphites. Due to the war in Ukraine, it has been necessary to substitute sunflower oil with rapeseed oil in some products without a label change. The FSA have advised that allergic reactions to rapeseed oil are rare.
Chicken Stock Paste
Greek Style Salad Cheese
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a half-full kettle.
- Meanwhile, pop a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Once hot, fry the beef mince and dried oregano, 5-6 mins. Break up the mince as it cooks.
- Next, pour the boiled water into a saucepan with 0.25 tsp salt on high heat. Boil the rice, 10-12 mins.
- Drain the fat from the beef. Season with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and utensils after handling raw meat. Cook so there's no pink in the middle.
- Next, add the tomato puree, fry for 1 min.
- Stir through the chicken stock paste, water and honey for the sauce (see pantry for both). Simmer for 4-5 mins.
- Once the rice is cooked, drain, pop back in the pan and cover.
- Add the spinach to the stew in handfuls, making sure it’s piping hot, 1-2 mins.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the olives and butter (see pantry for amount).
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Add a splash of water if needed.
- Share the rice between your bowls.
- Spoon over your beef stew.
- Crumble over the Greek style salad cheese.
Step 1 MOD: If you’ve chosen to get beef mince instead of pork, cook the recipe in the same way.