Creamy Bacon Pesto Spaghetti
with Peas and Grated Hard Italian Style Cheese
Looking for a super quick and tasty midweek dinner option? Try cooking up our Creamy Bacon Pesto Spaghetti in just 15 minutes for a delicious and speedy meal.
Boxes and ingredients are packed in facilities that handles Peanut, Nuts, Sesame, Fish, Crustaceans, Milk, Egg, Mustard, Celery, Soya, Gluten and Sulphites. Due to the war in Ukraine, it has been necessary to substitute sunflower oil with rapeseed oil in some products without a label change. The FSA have advised that allergic reactions to rapeseed oil are rare.
(Contains Cereals containing gluten)
Vegetable Stock Paste
Grated Hard Italian Style Cheese
(Contains Milk, Egg)
Not included in your delivery
Water for the Sauce
- Boil a full kettle. Pour it into a saucepan with 1/4 tsp salt on high heat.
- Boil the spaghetti, 8 mins.
- Once cooked, drain and pop back in the pan. Drizzle with oil and stir through to stop it sticking together.
- Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Fry the bacon, 4-5 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and utensils after handling raw meat. Cook bacon thoroughly.
- Next, drain any excess fat from the pan. Pop back on medium-high heat (no need to clean).
- Stir in the veg stock, creme fraiche and water for the sauce (see pantry). Simmer, 2-3 mins.
- Stir the cooked pasta to the sauce. Mix to combine.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir the peas, pesto and two thirds of the hard Italian style cheese into the pasta. Toss to coat.
- Share between your bowls.
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheese to finish.