Indonesian Beef Stir-Fry
with Jasmine Rice
Looking for a super quick and tasty midweek dinner option? Try cooking up our Indonesian Beef Stir-Fry in just 15 minutes for a delicious and speedy meal.
Boxes and ingredients are packed in facilities that handles Peanut, Nuts, Sesame, Fish, Crustaceans, Milk, Egg, Mustard, Celery, Soya, Gluten and Sulphites. Due to the war in Ukraine, it has been necessary to substitute sunflower oil with rapeseed oil in some products without a label change. The FSA have advised that allergic reactions to rapeseed oil are rare.
Sugar Snap Peas
Indonesian Style Spice Mix
(Contains Cereals containing gluten, Soya)
Not included in your delivery
Water for the Sauce
- Boil a half-full kettle.
- While it boils, heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan on high heat.
- Once hot, fry the beef mince and sugar snap peas, 5-6 mins.
- Break up the mince as it cooks, then drain the fat. Season with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and utensils after handling raw meat. Cook so there's no pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, pour the boiled water into a saucepan with 1/4 tsp salt on high heat.
- Add the rice and cook for 12-13 mins.
- Next, stir the Indonesian style spice mix, ketjap, rice vinegar, honey, soy sauce and water for the sauce (see pantry) into the mince.
- Simmer, 3-4 mins.
- Add a splash of water to the beef if needed. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat.
- Drain the rice and pop back in the pan.
- Share the rice and stir-fry between your bowls.