Gochujang Beef Sloppy Joe
with Cheese and Creamy Slaw
Looking for a super quick and tasty midweek dinner option? Try cooking up our Gochujang Beef Sloppy Joe in just 15 minutes for a delicious and speedy meal.
Sweet and hot, gochujang is a popular Korean condiment. This vibrant paste contains chillies, fermented soybeans and glutinous rice which give it its savoury-sweet flavour, making it the perfect match for noodles, pasta and meat dishes.
Boxes and ingredients are packed in facilities that handles Peanut, Nuts, Sesame, Fish, Crustaceans, Milk, Egg, Mustard, Celery, Soya, Gluten and Sulphites. Due to the war in Ukraine, it has been necessary to substitute sunflower oil with rapeseed oil in some products without a label change. The FSA have advised that allergic reactions to rapeseed oil are rare.
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Brioche Hot Dog Buns
(Contains Egg, Cereals containing gluten, Soya, Milk May contain Cereals containing gluten)
Mature Cheddar Cheese
Not included in your delivery
- Heat a frying pan on medium-high heat (no oil).
- Once hot, add the beef mince. Fry, 5-6 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and utensils after handling raw meat.
- Break it up as it cooks.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, mayo and a drizzle of oil.
- Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Slice the buns top down through the middle (but not all the way through).
- Grate the cheese.
- Drain the fat from the beef. Season with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Cook so there's no pink in the middle.
- Stir in the gochujang and honey (see pantry).
- Remove from the heat.
- Share the buns between your plates.
- Drizzle the mayo inside (see pantry), then fill with the gochujang beef.
- Sprinkle over the cheese.
- Serve the slaw alongside.