Harissa Beef and Chickpea Stew
with Buttery Couscous and Cheese
Looking for a super quick and tasty midweek dinner option? Try cooking up our Harissa Beef and Chickpea Stew in just 15 minutes for a delicious and speedy meal.
Boxes and ingredients are packed in facilities that handles Peanut, Nuts, Sesame, Fish, Crustaceans, Milk, Egg, Mustard, Celery, Soya, Gluten and Sulphites. Due to the war in Ukraine, it has been necessary to substitute sunflower oil with rapeseed oil in some products without a label change. The FSA have advised that allergic reactions to rapeseed oil are rare.
(Contains Cereals containing gluten May contain Soya)
Chicken Stock Paste
Roasted Spice and Herb Blend
Beef Stock Paste
Grated Hard Italian Style Cheese
(Contains Milk, Egg)
Not included in your delivery
Water for the Couscous
Sugar for the Sauce
- Boil a half-full kettle.
- Add the water for the couscous and butter (see pantry for both) along with the chicken stock paste into a saucepan. Bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the couscous. Cover.
- Leave to the side for 8-10 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan on medium-high heat (no oil).
- Once hot, fry the beef mince and roasted spice and herb blend, 5-6 mins.
- Break up the mince as it cooks, then drain the fat. Season with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat. Cook so there's no pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, open the remaining sachets.
- Add the chickpeas and their liquid to the beef.
- Stir in the tomato puree, harissa, beef stock paste, honey and sugar for the sauce (see pantry). TIP: Put hardened honey in hot water for 1 min.
- Lower the heat. Simmer, 3-4 mins.
- Share the couscous and stew between your bowls.
- Sprinkle over the cheese.