Super Quick Creamy Cajun Pork
with Peas and Rice
Looking for a super quick and tasty midweek dinner option? Try cooking up our Super Quick Creamy Cajun Pork in just 15 minutes for a delicious and speedy meal.
Boxes and ingredients are packed in facilities that handles Peanut, Nuts, Sesame, Fish, Crustaceans, Milk, Egg, Mustard, Celery, Soya, Gluten and Sulphites. Due to the war in Ukraine, it has been necessary to substitute sunflower oil with rapeseed oil in some products without a label change. The FSA have advised that allergic reactions to rapeseed oil are rare.
Cajun Spice Mix
Chicken Stock Paste
(Contains Cereals containing gluten)
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a half-full kettle.
- Pour the boiled water into a saucepan with 1/4 tsp salt on high heat.
- Boil the rice, 10-12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain, pop back in the pan and cover.
- Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Once hot, fry the mince and Cajun spice mix (add less if you'd prefer things milder), 5-6 mins.
- Break it up as it cooks, then drain the fat.
- Season with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and utensils after handling raw meat. Cook so there's no pink in the middle.
- Add the tomato puree, creme fraiche, chicken stock, peas, honey, water (see pantry for both) and a knob of butter (if you have any). Stir to combine.
- Bring to the boil and simmer, 2-3 mins.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Share the rice between bowls.
- Top with the Cajun pork.
- Sprinkle over the crispy onions.