Quick Ginger Chicken Stew
with Jasmine Rice and Spinach
Looking for a super quick and tasty midweek dinner option? Try cooking up our Quick Ginger Chicken Stew in just 15 minutes for a delicious and speedy meal.
Boxes and ingredients are packed in facilities that handles Peanut, Nuts, Sesame, Fish, Crustaceans, Milk, Egg, Mustard, Celery, Soya, Gluten and Sulphites. Due to the war in Ukraine, it has been necessary to substitute sunflower oil with rapeseed oil in some products without a label change. The FSA have advised that allergic reactions to rapeseed oil are rare.
Diced Chicken Breast
(Contains Cereals containing gluten, Soya)
Chicken Stock Paste
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a half-full kettle.
- While it boils, heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Once hot, fry the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook, 5-6 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and utensils after handling raw meat.
- Meanwhile, pour the boiled water into a saucepan with 1/4 tsp salt on high heat.
- Boil the rice, 10-12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain and pop back in the pan. Cover.
- In the meantime, quarter the lime.
- Add the tomato puree to the chicken. Cook, 30 secs.
- Stir in the ginger puree, coconut milk, soy, chicken stock paste and sugar (see pantry). Simmer, 3-4 mins. IMPORTANT: Cook the chicken so there's no pink in the middle.
- Add the spinach in handfuls, making sure it’s piping hot, 1-2 mins.
- Add a good squeeze of lime juice. Remove from the heat.
- Share the rice between your bowls.
- Top with the chicken stew.
- Serve with any remaining lime quarters.