Caribbean Style BBQ Spiced Beef Bowl
with Rice and Chilli Flakes
Looking for a super quick and tasty midweek dinner option? Try cooking up our Caribbean Style BBQ Spiced Beef Bowl in just 15 minutes for a delicious and speedy meal.
Boxes and ingredients are packed in facilities that handles Peanut, Nuts, Sesame, Fish, Crustaceans, Milk, Egg, Mustard, Celery, Soya, Gluten and Sulphites. Due to the war in Ukraine, it has been necessary to substitute sunflower oil with rapeseed oil in some products without a label change. The FSA have advised that allergic reactions to rapeseed oil are rare.
Caribbean Style Jerk
Chicken Stock Paste
Not included in your delivery
Water for the Sauce
- Boil a half-full kettle.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan on medium-high heat (no oil).
- Once hot, add the beef mince. Fry, 5-6 mins. Use a spoon to break it up. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and utensils after handling raw meat.
- Pour the boiled water into a saucepan with 1/4 tsp salt on high heat.
- Boil the rice, 10-12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain and pop back in the pan. Cover.
- Drain and discard any excess fat from the beef. Season with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Cook so there's no pink in the middle.
- Add the Caribbean style jerk and dried thyme.
- Stir through the tomato puree, chicken stock paste, sugar and water for the sauce (see pantry for both).
- Simmer, 4-5 mins.
- Next, add the spinach in handfuls so it’s piping hot, 1-2 mins. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the BBQ sauce and butter (see pantry). Add a splash of water if needed.
- Share the rice and beef mince between your bowls.
- Sprinkle over the chilli flakes to finish.