Curried Beef Couscous Bowl
with Spinach, Yoghurt and Crispy Onions
Boxes and ingredients are packed in facilities that handles Peanut, Nuts, Sesame, Fish, Crustaceans, Milk, Egg, Mustard, Celery, Soya, Gluten and Sulphites. Due to the war in Ukraine, it has been necessary to substitute sunflower oil with rapeseed oil in some products without a label change. The FSA have advised that allergic reactions to rapeseed oil are rare.
(Contains Cereals containing gluten May contain Soya)
Chicken Stock Paste
Rogan Josh Curry Paste
Beef Stock Paste
Greek Style Natural Yoghurt
(Contains Cereals containing gluten)
Not included in your delivery
Water for the Couscous
Water for the Sauce
- Boil a half-full kettle for the couscous.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan on medium-high heat (no oil).
- Once hot, fry the beef mince, 5-6 mins.
- Break up the mince as it cooks. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and utensils after handling raw meat.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous in a bowl.
- Pour in the boiling water for the couscous (see pantry for amount).
- Stir in the chicken stock paste, then cover tightly with cling film.
- Leave to the side for 10 mins or until ready to serve.
- Once cooked, drain the fat from the mince then season with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Cook so there's no pink in the middle.
- Add the rogan josh paste, tomato puree, beef stock paste, mango chutney and water for the sauce (see pantry).
- Bring to the boil, lower the heat then simmer for 2-3 mins.
- Next, add the spinach in handfuls, making sure it's piping hot, 1-2 mins. Season with salt and pepper.
- Share the couscous out between your serving bowls.
- Spoon over the curried beef.
- Finish by dolloping on the yoghurt and sprinkling over the crispy onions.