Long day? Too tired to cook? We know the feeling. At HelloFresh we believe that being short of time or stuck in a recipe rut shouldn’t stop you from cooking and enjoying great food. Packed with fresh, delicious flavours and good-for you ingredients, our speedy beef ragu is about to become your favourite quick-fix recipe. When you can get full on flavour in double quick time, you know you’re onto a winner. Enjoy!
Boxes and ingredients are packed in facilities that handles Peanut, Nuts, Sesame, Fish, Crustaceans, Milk, Egg, Mustard, Celery, Soya, Gluten and Sulphites. Due to the conflict in Ukraine, it has been necessary to substitute sunflower oil with rapeseed oil in some products without a label change. The FSA have advised that allergic reactions to rapeseed oil are rare.
Wheat Spaghetti(ContainsCereals containing gluten)
Diced Tomatoes with Basil
Worcester Sauce(ContainsCereals containing gluten)
Grated Hard Italian Style Cheese(ContainsMilk, Egg)
• Boil your kettle. • Remove the top and bottom from the courgette. Halve lengthways and slice into half moons. • Halve, peel and thinly slice the red onion into half moons.
• Put a splash of oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat and add the beef mince. Cook until browned, 5 mins. Use a wooden spoon to break it up as it cooks. • Season with a pinch of salt and a good grind of black pepper.
• Add the courgette, onion, dried thyme and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently until everything softens, 4 mins.
• Meanwhile, pour the boiling water from your kettle into a large saucepan with a pinch of salt. Put it on high heat. • Add the spaghetti to the boiling water and cook until 'al dente', about 10 mins. TIP: Al dente’ simply means the pasta is cooked through but has a tiny bit of firmness left in the middle.
• Once the veggies have softened add the chopped tomatoes and Worcester sauce.TIP: Add a glug of red wine to the ragu if you have some, it will add a great depth of flavour! • Simmer on medium heat until the ragu thickens, 7 mins.
• Drain the pasta in a colander and toss it in the ragu before serving in bowls • Sprinkle over the hard Italian cheese. Buon appetito!