Speedy Beef Rogan Josh
with Chickpeas and Rice
Looking for a super quick and tasty midweek dinner option? Try cooking up our Speedy Beef Rogan Josh in just 15 minutes for a delicious and speedy meal.
Boxes and ingredients are packed in facilities that handles Peanut, Nuts, Sesame, Fish, Crustaceans, Milk, Egg, Mustard, Celery, Soya, Gluten and Sulphites. Due to the war in Ukraine, it has been necessary to substitute sunflower oil with rapeseed oil in some products without a label change. The FSA have advised that allergic reactions to rapeseed oil are rare.
Curry Powder Mix
Rogan Josh Curry Paste
Chicken Stock Paste
Toasted Flaked Almonds
(Contains Nuts May contain Sesame, Nuts, Peanut)
Not included in your delivery
Water for the Sauce
Boil a half-full kettle. Pour it into a saucepan with 1/4 tsp salt on high heat.
Boil the rice, 10-12 mins.
Once cooked, drain, pop back in the pan and cover.
Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat.
Once hot, fry the beef mince, 5-6 mins.
Break up the mince as it cooks, then drain the fat. Season with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and utensils after handling raw meat. Cook so there's no pink in the middle.
- Next, add the curry powder, rogan josh curry paste and tomato puree to the mince.
- Stir in the chickpeas and liquid from the carton, chicken stock paste, water for the sauce and honey (see pantry for both).
- Bring to a bubble. Simmer, 3-4 mins.
- Add the spinach in handfuls so it’s piping hot, 1-2 mins. Stir in the butter (see pantry).
Taste and season the curry with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
Share the rice and curry between your bowls.
- Sprinkle over the flaked almonds.