Super Quick Peri Peri Rice Bowl
with Mixed Beans and Cheddar Cheese
Looking for a super quick and tasty midweek dinner option? Try cooking up our Super Quick Peri Peri Rice Bowl in just 15 minutes for a delicious and speedy meal.
Smoky and spicy with a slightly sweet kick, this peri peri seasoning gives any dish a tasty boost. This seasoning mix contains herbs and spices such as smoked paprika, ancho chilli powder, ground cumin and oregano, making its punchy taste perfect for marinating meat and fish, as well as a flavour driver in fried rice and loaded wedges.
Boxes and ingredients are packed in facilities that handles Peanut, Nuts, Sesame, Fish, Crustaceans, Milk, Egg, Mustard, Celery, Soya, Gluten and Sulphites. Due to the war in Ukraine, it has been necessary to substitute sunflower oil with rapeseed oil in some products without a label change. The FSA have advised that allergic reactions to rapeseed oil are rare.
Mature Cheddar Cheese
Peri Peri Seasoning
Chicken Stock Paste
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a half-full kettle.
- Grate the cheese.
- Once boiled, pour the water into a saucepan with 1/4 tsp salt on high heat.
- Boil the rice, 10-12 mins. Once cooked, drain, pop back in the pan and cover.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan (no oil) on medium-high heat.
- Once hot, fry the pork mince, 5-6 mins. Break up the mince as it cooks, then drain the fat. Season with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and utensils after handling raw meat. Cook so there's no pink in the middle.
- While the pork cooks, open the remaining sachets.
- Add the tomato puree, peri peri seasoning, chicken stock paste, beans and liquid from the tin to the pork. Cook for 2-3 mins.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the mango chutney and butter (see pantry).
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Add a splash of water if it's a little too thick.
- Share rice between serving bowls.
- Top with the peri peri pork and sprinkle over the cheese.