Szechuan Chicken Stir-Fry
with Mushrooms, Mangetout and Rice
Looking for a super quick and tasty midweek dinner option? Try cooking up our Szechuan Chicken Stir-Fry in just 15 minutes for a delicious and speedy meal. HIGH PROTEIN - Protein contributes to the maintenance of muscle mass.
Boxes and ingredients are packed in facilities that handles Peanut, Nuts, Sesame, Fish, Crustaceans, Milk, Egg, Mustard, Celery, Soya, Gluten and Sulphites. Due to the war in Ukraine, it has been necessary to substitute sunflower oil with rapeseed oil in some products without a label change. The FSA have advised that allergic reactions to rapeseed oil are rare.
Diced Chicken Thigh
(Contains Cereals containing gluten, Soya)
Roasted White Sesame Seeds
(Contains Sesame May contain Nuts, Peanut)
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a half-full kettle.
- Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Boil the rice, 10-12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain, pop back in the pan and cover.
- Once hot, fry the chicken, mushrooms and mangetout, 5-6 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and utensils after handling raw meat. Cook so there's no pink in the middle.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cut the lime into wedges.
- Next, add the Szechuan paste, soy sauce, ketjap manis, honey and water (see pantry for both).
- Bring to the boil and stir. Lower the heat, then simmer, 3-4 mins.
- Taste and season. Add a splash of water if needed.
- Divide the rice and stir-fry between bowls.
- Sprinkle over the sesame seeds.
- Serve with the lime wedges for squeezing over.