Best Lettuce Recipes and Meal Ideas
Transform your plain salads into an exciting dish filled with flavour, spice and everything nice with our lettuce recipes.
Check out our top vegetarian recipes
From mild and slightly bitter to peppery and earthy, lettuce is an excellent ingredient to provide a bit of crunch to these delicious lettuce recipes from HelloFresh.
Lettuce Salad Recipes
Forget boring salads for dinner and instead give our lettuce salad recipes a try. Enhanced with flavours of the world, there's a recipe for every lettuce lover here.
Iceberg Lettuce Recipes
Lettuce Tips, Tricks and Hacks
This leafy green is used in salads throughout the world. It’s one of those perfectly versatile ingredients that goes well with many other vegetables and fruits and is a great foundation to many meals. Here is a list of ways to include lettuce in a variety of delicious salads:
- Toss it with ingredients like tomatoes, beetroot, sweetcorn, mango, strawberries, peppers and a rich, salty cheese like feta
- Use it to make a protein-rich Niçoise salad with eggs, potatoes and tuna fish
- Create a Mexican layered salad with beans and cheddar cheese placed on top of the greens
- In a classic chicken salad with bacon, croutons and lashings of Caesar dressing.
You can also use the vegetable to make sandwiches and wraps such as the classic bacon, lettuce and tomato (BLT) or pair it with turkey, chicken, or ham in a roll, tortilla or slices of white or brown bread.
If you are wondering how to use lettuce outside of salads and sandwiches, the good news is that this leaf can also be used to great effect in the following ways:
- Make a hearty lettuce and bean stew
- Blend your lettuce up with your favourite spices and enjoy a bowl of lettuce soup to keep you warm
- Sauté the vegetable with other ingredients like onions and bacon
- Braise it with other greens and garlic
- Grill it and add it to soups for a crunchy texture
- Include it in your daily smoothies to get your 5 a day in easy
- Use it as a healthy substitute instead of burger buns or tortilla wraps
Finally, if you're wondering how to breathe life back into leaves that have wilted, you can simply soak them in water with a little lemon juice, then allow them to dry naturally.
How to: Lettuce - FAQs
Is lettuce a vegetable?
Can you freeze lettuce?
How to store lettuce?
Get excited every evening!
Recipes you'll love!
Get delicious recipes and all ingredients fresh on your doorstep every week!